16 days left, 75% done - and that's good!

 So I had my last seminar for this semester and yesterday I had a check-in with my supervisor Max. There are two conclusions from this: First, that my text is slowly coming together and I have a handle on my work, and second, that there is still a lot of work to be done, including revising the immersion/flow chapter, which needs a better structure than what I presented at the seminar.

Looking at my numbers, I still have 16 days until the first draft should be finished, and I've written 75% of the planned text. That's a good standing; there are two short and planned chapters I want to write in those 16 days, but the rest of the unwritten text needs to be finished when I'm a good bit into the revising and rewriting phase. So I maintain that I've almost reached my goals for this semester of writing and that I can finish the manuscript in a couple of months while working full time.

Right now I'm reading Martin Jay's 1988 essay "Scoptic Regimes" in Hal Foster's anthology Vision and Visuality, and it ties in with many of my arguments and provides a lot more detail. Thanks to Joacim for pointing this out to me, and to Max for making the book available.

Cory Arcangel, Dazed (2011?)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time goes by so slowly

Check-in with Max