Sound and music

 I wasn't feeling so well a week ago, maybe it was a cold or just writing fatigue, so I took 4 days off from writing. It was worth it. I finished the location and immersion chapters and had to rearrange them. Immersion went from the first part that is about the materiality of games to the second part that is about phenomenology, the thirds part is about narration and time. The divisions between them is getting clearer and clearer. And I have the feeling that the quality of what I'm writing is increasing. There are more overviews and a back and forth between the different chapters, but there's still a lot to do. Some of the chapters I wrote first need to be thoroughly reworked in connection to what I'm writing now. But that's planned for later. Right now I want to finish a first draft of the entire text, for which I've set December 21 as my deadline and which still seems doable.

Today it's time for another seminar, which is about the first draft of the chapter on sound and music. This is in the first part of the book. and is about how music is made in games and how it affects the gaming experience. But I'm no musicologist, so I had to write the chapter from the sources alone, without really being a good judge of them. And with a lackluster grip on terminology. So I arranged a seminar with the musicology division and they've invited a lot of smart people who are interested in games, sound and music. So it's going to be an interesting seminar; my key words are "I'm an art historian out of my comfort zone" and "It's a first draft"! It is great to get support from other parts of the university!

Dance Dance Revolution


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time goes by so slowly

Check-in with Max

16 days left, 75% done - and that's good!