A good day

 Today was a great day for writing, I got so much done and it's still not over. Right now I'm figuring out how to get the part on phenomenology in shape so I can ask my supervisor to read it. I'll probably save the part on atmospheres for later, but the rest should be done shortly. Then it's time to get into sound and music and immersion. And I really need to get started on the part on narration. There's so much to do, but I have the map and I know roughly where I want to go. It's fun.

I think I'm still on schedule with my writing, but there's still a lot to do. I hope to have many more days like this one.

Being old and having worked as an art history teacher for many years, I have some insight into the work process. When I was accepted as a graduate student, I shared a computer with other students in my department. Books had to be checked out through the university library, and most of the time they had to get them for me from other libraries. Journal articles had to be looked up in a printed index, and then you had to find the article yourself and see if you needed it. There was no internet. I myself owned very few books on my subject. Games were not my main subject, it was digital photography. Back then I couldn't access games, I didn't have consoles or a TV, nor a budget for games. Today I have everything, including a library I've collected over all these years, right here at home at my fingertips. It's so convenient to work this way.

Super Nintendo Land


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time goes by so slowly

Check-in with Max

16 days left, 75% done - and that's good!