A week of homework

 This week there's major maintenance on the rail line I usually ride to work, so I've decided to stay home and write instead. It's a bit of a retreat, although I do enjoy going to Lund and meeting people.

Now I wake up, have breakfast, go to my desk and start working. It's been a long time since I've talked to anyone about how I write, so I'll share it here. I've a clear outline in Scrivener so I can see where I need to write. Right now it's the middle part of my thesis, which is about phenomenology and how you think about experiences with art and games. Some days I can just sit down and write, other days I've to do a lot of reading. A day of reading is usually followed by a day of writing, frantically backtracking my reading, checking sources to make sure I understand them, and adding proper footnotes. I usually need breaks to eat lunch, take a walk, or go to the gym. A normal day would include both. And in the evenings, when I'm too tired to write, I either play games or watch other people play on YouTube or Twitch. It's all very involved, this text feeds into everything, even dreams, and that's a good thing right now.

PS. This whiteboard is a sarcastic part of the sarcastic game The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe Edition, a game you should play, not a mindmap for my thesis! DS.

The Stanley Parable deluxe edition


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time goes by so slowly

Check-in with Max

16 days left, 75% done - and that's good!