Summer is coming!

 So I had my seminar, with a short text (9 pages) on the technical side of images; from renaissance perspective to film editing to interactivity in games; my three main stations. It was about creating three-dimensional worlds where the viewer wants to be present in one way or another, and trying to sort out all the different technical aspects that have been taken from whence into the visual machine that is games. It's a bit complicated to write a text that should be understandable to both gamers and art historians without being too basic for either of them. Hopefully I will be able to write something that makes the field a little more understandable for both. The seminar went very well, with lots of good feedback, from details to inconsistencies that found their way into the text. For some reason, I do not always manage to maintain a stable terminology, so now I need to revise the manuscript to use player, gamer, and viewer in a coherent way.

Anyway, I am ready to keep writing because there are only 30 days left until my summer vacation. And I am on vacation, not extra time to write. I need to pick myself up and get going again for the fall. Right now it looks like I am on track with the progress I have planned, which is great! I think I will be able to finish this book in time.

I have also been a busy student; two courses completed, 10.5 ects, one in Gothic architecture and another short and intense 8-day course in research ethics. It is strange to be a student again, but not unpleasant. I have had some students with long academic backgrounds in our art history courses; it's interesting to be on the other side this time.

One more thing, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a fantastic game. Go play it at once if you haven't.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check-in with Max

What am I writing about?

Time goes by so slowly