So part 2 is on it's way, time to start on part 1

 I had some time to myself at work today so I started the first part of my book, which involves explaining the technique of creating games for art historians. It's a bit complicated to hit the right tone and level of detail in these explanations. Polygons, skyboxes, shaders, models, assets, and all of that is such a familiar part of gaming culture. It's well known to many young people fighting their partens ion order to get a new graphics card. And yet, it's completely unknown to many academics in the humanities. So I want to explain how the images are constructed without sounding too much like a beginners textbook. In the end I want to show similarities and differences between traditional painting and game world building. Visually a game can  look so much like a painting, drawing or photograph and yet it is another beast alltogether

But I am off with another part of the book and that feels great; it seems like I am in control of the process so far.

Shaders for games


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check-in with Max

What am I writing about?

Time goes by so slowly