Quantification of my writing

So I have this countdown web thing that keeps track of my self-imposed deadline, and it tells me that I have 300 days left today to read, think, play, and write. When I look at my manuscript in Scrivener, I see that I have written 8456 words (that's 18%!) of the 46,000 words I set as my goal.

Neither the time nor the word count are set in stone, and the deadline refers to when I want to have the manuscript ready for a final seminar, so there may be more to do. It may look like a lot of text, but it's only the first draft and needs work. But I know I really enjoy rewriting, so I want to have a good chunk written in rough draft format before my fall of uninterrupted writing time begins.

300 days left


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check-in with Max

What am I writing about?

Time goes by so slowly