Hardware

I got some new hardware, and it's pretty much focused on Nintendo. And thats because Nintendo makes the kind of games I enjoy (Zelda, Mario). So at home I have a Wii U and a Switch, and at my office I have a Switch and a PS3. I also play on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. But no PS5, no Xbox and no gaming PC (so none of the major platforms). This might be a problem and then I might have to get some more hardware, but I'm planning to compensate that with Twitch. Twitch is a livestreaming platform for (mostly) gamers playing game and talking. It makes it really easy to see games in action, and by not playing myself I can see more and take notes although I miss some central aspects of gaming itself. I'm a viewer and not a player. 

I am thinking about this now; I do not plan to write about playing but about being in the game world. There is a difference. But perhaps I need to play more varied games. On the other hand I feel very little difference considering the "being-in-the-game-world" aspect of playing as I switch between a phone, my Switch or the PS3. There is however a difference between playing and watching, but I'm not sure it's important here or in what way it might be.

I do know that I need to be clear about what game worlds I am writing about, and to handle generalizations based on these with a lot of care. Playing games takes a lot of time, so I really don't want to play a lot of games just to make sure I have seen every platform.

Nintendo Switch


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check-in with Max

What am I writing about?

Time goes by so slowly